St. Anne’s students have a wealth of extracurricular activities to help them pursue their passions and develop their talents. These offerings go well beyond the Spanish, art, music, and physical education offered in every grade.
Our vibrant interscholastic sports program fields 9 boys and girls teams each year and competes in the Delaware Interscholastic Athletic Association. Vist our Heron Sports page each season for team schedules and details.
Electives are another very popular program in our Middle School. Students choose from a wide variety of activities for a five week period each Friday during the last hour of the week. Offerings have included chess club, ceramics, interior and fashion design, origami, squash, archery, fishing, community service, jewelry making, international cooking, dodgeball, badminton, science experiments, needlepoint, and roller coaster design.
In addition to the team sports and electives, many other types of activities are available during the year. These have included:
- Soccer Camp for Lower School students.
- Girls on the Run, Girls on Track programs in both the Lower and Middle Schools.
- Girl Scout troop meetings
- Book Buddies program (4th Grade pairs with Pre-K/Preschool)
- Math League teams
- Middle School Drama Production
- Middle School Talent Show
- Odyssey of the Mind
- Middle School Socials/Parties (3 per year)
- Chorus and Instrumental lessons are offered in addition to regular music class and are opened to students in grades 3 through 8. Private music lessons are also available.
- Middle School Student Council
- The National Geography Bee (Middle school)
There are also many special events which are organized by the school, our St. Anne's Parent Association, and our students.