You have 1 PagePop. View
Events & Traditions
- The first day of school after a special homeroom period we all gather outside of the dining room to take an all school photo.
- The second week of September takes us all away from school and to four different Field Trips: the Delaware Children’s Museum and DuPont Environmental Center, Ashland Nature Center, Echo Hill and Cape Henelopen.
- The Middle School students meet monthly with their Lower School Connection Buddies. This time might be spent doing an arts and crafts project, playing a group game outside, taking a walk…
- Each year we celebrate Founders’ Day; this is usually the day when the Bishop comes to wish us a good year during chapel.
- Every year we have a good time at the All School Picnic.
- Many middle schoolers enjoy meeting their friends for an evening at Frightland.
- Twice a year we take a one mile walk to Old St. Anne’s to sing hymns. The middle schoolers vote on which songs to sing.
- Our Book Fair’s theme changes from year to year; it could be confusing to folks who wonder how our library became a movie set.
- Student Council hosts the entire school the day before Christmas break with Reindeer Games.
- Grade 2-8 Christmas Concert
- Lower and Middle School Spring Concert
- The PE staff organizes the annual Field Day activities. Students play through these activities as either a member of the Green or Blue Team.
- The Class of 2015 is starting a new tradition, the eighth graders will wear a green shirt designed by them to show their special place in the school as leaders.
- Each school year starts with Locker Day. Locker day is always the day before the first day of class. Middle schoolers come in that afternoon to find out which homeroom they have been assigned, see their teachers, reconnect with old friends and meet new students.
- In the fall, 7th and 8th graders meet with a small group of high school admission staff from various local independent, day, boarding, charter, public and military schools to gain experience in the process of applying to different high school.
- There are three middle school parties hosted and organized by the Student Council. Parties are held in the dining room; a D. J. keeps the students dancing when they are not playing outside or playing board games when it’s cold .
- Special Assemblies-Sports’ Assemblies, Geography Bee competition, Poetry Slam, Alums and other outside speakers, Talent Show, Middle school play, Student Council Executive Board Nominee Speeches.
- Our generous parents provide breakfast for students once a trimester. Students look forward to sharing a meal of pancakes or other breakfast treats in the company of their friends.
- The winter time can find us feeling a bit cooped-up; what better way to break out of that than playing a quick 30 minute game in the Indoor Soccer tournament.
- 7th and 8th Grade Science Fair highlights the research projects of our older students.
- At our STEM evening event students and their families explore a variety of math, and science problems while using IPads.
- Twenty plus schools send admission reps meet with interested 6th and 7th grade families at the High School Fair.
- The 8th Grade Semi-Formal is organized by the grade parents.
- Faculty chaperoned Spring Trips are indicators that the school year is coming to a close Destinations include the Children’s Beach House, Baltimore Aquarium and the Zoo, Philadelphia Overnight, Washington, DC
- 8th Grade Service Day-students raise money to help send less fortunate children to the YMCA camp; the 8th graders spent a morning cleaning, clearing trails, and planting flowers to help prepare the Hanby Outdoor Camp for its opening session.
- St. Anne’s has been creating traditions since the very beginning. In the first year the four graduates decorated the chairs they sat in at graduation. This then became a tradition as the final art project allows them to mark this rite of passage by embellishing a chair artistically with symbols that matter to them.
- Several 8th graders are asked to share their last writing assignment as speakers at the graduation ceremony.