Why St. Anne's?
Academic Excellence & Readiness
We prepare our graduates for honors course work in the area’s finest high school and boarding school programs.
- Our ERB test scores from the fall of 2017 reinforce our confidence that we are preparing our students for their next academic challenges beyond St. Anne's, with an average of 60% of our 6th-8th grade students scoring in the 95th percentile or higher in the national norms on one or more of the qualifying verbal and math subtests. Such scores qualify them to participate in the Johns Hopkins Center for Talented Youth (CTY) and other programs for talented youth sponsored by major universities.
- Our graduates report that they are very well-prepared for their secondary school experience. Many go on to be placed in advanced high school classes and later to attend a range of selective colleges.
WHERE OUR GRADUATES HAVE GONE
- Our Early Childhood and Elementary programs provide children with the critical foundational skills and love of learning that prepare them for future academic success and leadership.
Skilled Faculty & Small Classes
We value small classes and our faculty are passionate about connecting with students.
- Our average class size is 15. It allows for more individual attention, differentiated instruction, and opportunities for engagement.
- Our 7:1 student-teacher ratio enables teachers to understand and value each student in Preschool through grade 8.
- 41% of our teaching faculty hold Master’s degrees.
- 43% of our faculty have loyally served St. Anne’s for ten years or more.
Our academic program is geared to engage students in meaningful ways while preparing them for a rigorous high school experience.
- Our curriculum is designed to meet or exceed state and national standards.
- Our faculty refines and evolves curriculum modules based on collaborative outcomes and new research.
- Students in grades 3-8 take the national standardized ERB Comprehensive Testing Program to gauge our curricular effectiveness.
Safe & Nurturing Community
We share meaningful connections in a community grounded by our core values: Respect, Responsibility and Compassion.
- Parents are encouraged to participate and volunteer.
- Students learn to collaborate, admire hard work and support each other.
- Our Safe Schools Committee oversees security measures and examines readiness for unexpected crises.
We focus on the heart and spirit. Through daily devotions, service projects, chapels, and classes, we share our Christian identity and values.
- Every class makes time for daily devotions to clear their minds and set their intentions for the day.
- Families of all faiths are welcomed and encouraged to share their beliefs in classroom or chapel settings.
- Our community service programs enourage students to give back.
Diversity and Civic Participation
We recognize the power of diversity in our school and our world.
We recruit bright motivated students and families from diverse socioeconomic backgrounds.
We awarded $750,000 in need-based financial aid to 35% of our students in 2014-15.
Arts, Athletics and Activities
Our students are inspired to experiment and challenge themselves through as many educational avenues as they can imagine:
- Our discipline-based visual arts, music, and performance programshave created joyful engagement and future portfolios.
- Interscholastic sports and physical education are energizing, competitive, and open to all students.
- Extracurricular programs, Middle School electives, and after school programs invite new opportunities to students and volunteers alike.