US Service Scholarship
$7,500 for New Middle School Student (Grades 5-8)
- Generous donor support is making this scholarship available to one student whose immediate family member has served in any of the five (5) branches of the U.S. Military, Reserve and National Guard units: Army, Air Force, Navy, Marines, and Coast Guard.
- Candidates must have a demonstrated need for financial assistance in meeting the full tuition obligation for the upcoming academic year. The vision of its donors is to attract new, engaging students who will benefit from and add to the St. Anne's community and who may not have otherwise been able to attend the school.
- The scholarship award will continue for the duration of the student’s enrollment at St. Anne’s through graduation (up to four years, grades 5-8, $30,000).
- Recipients must maintain academic and community standards which will be reviewed annually.
- Candidates must apply to St. Anne’s Tuition Assistance program to determine eligibility for the scholarship. Applicants may be eligible for additional financial aid which is determined by this process.
- Tuition rates are typically announced each year in early/mid-February. Current year tuition is available on the school's website.
Academically strong, new students who are currently enrolled in 4th-7th grade.
- Candidates must have an immediate family member who is currently serving in, or who has retired from, service in the U.S. military. Immediate family member is defined as a mother, father, legal guardian, step-mother, step-father or sibling.
- Five (5) branches of the U.S. Military and their National Guard and Reserve units: Army, Air Force, Navy, Marines, and Coast Guard. Declaration form
- There is no area residency requirement for the scholarship.
The school will accept nomination forms for eligible students from educators, clergy, community leaders, St. Anne’s faculty, alumni and parents. We encourage teachers, principals, counselors, coaches, clergy and others who work with children to contact us with the name and reason for nominating a student. Please contact: Renee Chaudoin, RChaudoin@stannesde.org
Oct-May - Weekly Wednesday Drop-in Tours (8:30-10am)
Nov-March - Monthly Open Houses, Tours & Meeting
Nov-April - Student Visit Days
Jan. 1 - Tuition Assistance Applications Due
Jan. 7 - First Round Admissions Applications Due
Feb. 28 - Final Admissions Applications due for Scholarship
Scholarship Testing Dates: Next testing day is Saturday, March 30, 2019 at 8:00am.
April 28 - Notification of recipients
May 12 - Recipients’ decisions due
Parents and candidates should plan to tour the school to learn more about St. Anne's. Parents/guardians of the applicant are also required to meet with the Admission staff.
2. Admission Application
Candidates must complete a St. Anne's Admission Application to declare their intent as a candidate for the U.S. Service Scholarship.
- A confidential Teacher Recommendation and Request for School Records must also be submitted to the student's current teachers and school.
3. Financial Aid Application
Candidates for this scholarship must apply for St. Anne's need-based Financial Aid. An online FAST application is required each year to determine eligibility. Students may be eligible for additional financial aid, based on demonstrated need. The school is committed to providing financial support to families who cannot meet the entire tuition obligation.
4. Student Visit Day
Scholarship applicants must spend a full school day at St. Anne's to attend classes, meet students and teachers, and take academic assessments. Our Assistant Head of School, Jill Reilly, interviews all rising 5th-8th grade students.
5. Admissions Exam
These Saturdays are planned for the ERB online Admissions Exam for all applicants entering grades 5-8. This step is required for all scholarship applicants.
Contacts and Questions
St. Anne's Episcopal School
211 Silver Lake Road
Middletown, DE 19709
(302) 378-3179 phone
(302) 449-0957 fax
School Office Hours: 7:45am - 3:45pm
Decision and Notification
- Scholarship applications will be considered by a Selection Committee at St. Anne's based on a review of all information received about each applicant.
- The recipient will be notified confidentially by the selection date of April 28, 2019. The chosen candidate will have until May 12, 2019 to make a decision to attend St. Anne's.
- St. Anne's is choosing to keep the name of the selected recipient confidential due to the young age of the applicant, and the small size of the school.
St. Anne's Episcopal School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational and admissions policies, scholarship and financial aid programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.
Merit Scholarships for new Middle School students