Scholarship for Higher Education Families
$5,000 for New Middle School Student (Grades 5-8)
- One $5,000 scholarship is offered to a newly enrolled student entering Grades 5-8 in 2018-19.
- St. Anne’s is seeking nominations and applications for students who have a parent or legal guardian currently working for a university or college that offers higher education in this region. Residency in Delaware is not required.
- Family member is defined as a mother, father, or legal guardian.
- The family must have a demonstrated need for financial assistance in meeting the annual tuition obligation for St. Anne’s. The goal is to support new, engaging students who will benefit from and add to the St. Anne's community and who may not have otherwise been able to attend the school.
- The Higher Education Scholarship award may continue for the duration of the student’s enrollment at St. Anne’s, through graduation (up to four years, from grades 5-8).
- Candidates must apply to St. Anne’s Financial Aid program to qualify for this $5,000 scholarship.
- Applicants may be eligible for additional financial aid which is determined by the Financial Aid application process.
- Recipients must maintain academic and community standards which will be reviewed annually.
- Tuition rates are typically announced each year in early/mid-February. Current year tuition is available on the school's website.
Any new student whose current grade level is fourth through seventh grade may apply for 2018-19.
Scholarship Program Key Dates
Nov-March - Monthly Open Houses, Tours & Meetings
Nov-April - Student Visit Days
Jan. 3 - First Round Admissions Applications due
Feb. 1 - Financial Aid Applications due
January 27, March 24 and April 14 - Scholarship Testing dates (Saturday morning, by invitation)
March 26 - Final Admissions Applications and Financial Aid Application due for U.S. Service Scholarship candidates
April 27 - Notification of recipients
May 11 - Recipients’ decisions due
Parents and candidates should plan to tour the school to learn more about St. Anne's. Whenever possible, both parents and guardians should visit the school and meet with the Director of Admissions.
2. Admission Application
Candidates must complete a St. Anne's Admission Application and check the Scholarship box to declare their wish to be considered for the scholarship. Applications must be received by March 26, 2018.
- A confidential Teacher Recommendation and Request for School Records must also be submitted to the student's current teachers and school.
3. Financial Aid Application
Candidates for this scholarship must apply for St. Anne's need-based Financial Aid. An online FAST application is required each year to determine eligibility. Students may be eligible for additional financial aid, based on demonstrated need. The school is committed to providing financial support to families who cannot meet the entire tuition obligation.
4. Student Visit Day
Scholarship applicants must spend a full school day at St. Anne's to attend classes, meet students and teachers, and take academic assessments. Our Assistant Head of School, Jill Reilly, interviews all rising 5th-8th grade students.
5. Admissions Exam
These Saturdays are planned for the ERB online Admissions Exam for all applicants entering grades 5-8: January 27, March 24 and April 14, 2018(time to be announced). This step is required for all scholarship applicants.
Contacts and Questions
St. Anne's Episcopal School
211 Silver Lake Road
Middletown, DE 19709
(302) 378-3179 phone
(302) 449-0957 fax
Renee Chaudoin, Interim Director of Admissions, ext. 311
Decision and Notification
Scholarship applications will be reviewed based on all the information received about each applicant. St. Anne's selection committee is comprised of faculty and administrators.
Recipients will be notified confidentially by the selection date on April 27, 2018. Those who are selected will have until May 11, 2018 to make a decision to attend St. Anne's.
St. Anne's has chosen to keep the names of the selected recipients confidential due to the young age of the applicants, and the small size of the school.
St. Anne's Episcopal School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational and admissions policies, scholarship and financial aid programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.
Merit Scholarships for new Middle School students
U.S. Service Scholarship for new Middle School students with immediate family in the U.S. military.