Scholarship for Higher Education Families
$5,000 for New Middle School Student (Grades 5-8)
- One $5,000 scholarship is offered to a newly enrolled student entering Grades 5-8 in 2019-20.
- St. Anne’s is seeking nominations and applications for students who have a parent or legal guardian currently working for a university or college that offers higher education in this region. Residency in Delaware is not required.
- Family member is defined as a mother, father, or legal guardian.
- The family must have a demonstrated need for financial assistance in meeting the annual tuition obligation for St. Anne’s. The goal is to support new, engaging students who will benefit from and add to the St. Anne's community and who may not have otherwise been able to attend the school.
- The Higher Education Scholarship award may continue for the duration of the student’s enrollment at St. Anne’s, through graduation (up to four years, from grades 5-8).
- Candidates must apply to St. Anne’s Financial Aid program to qualify for this $5,000 scholarship.
- Recipients must maintain academic and community standards which will be reviewed annually.
- Tuition rates are typically announced each year in early/mid-February. Current year tuition is available on the school's website.
Any new student whose current grade level is fourth through seventh grade may apply for 2019-20.
Oct-May - Weekly Wednesday Drop-in Tours (8:30-10am)
Nov-March - Monthly Open Houses, Tours & Meeting
Nov-April - Student Visit Days
Jan. 1 - Tuition Assistance Applications Due
Rolling Deadline - Complete the Admissions Application
Feb. 28 - Final Admissions Applications due for Scholarship
Scholarship Testing Dates: Next testing day is Saturday, March 30, 2019 at 8:00am.
April 28 - Notification of recipients
May 12 - Recipients’ decisions due
Parents and candidates should plan to tour the school to learn more about St. Anne's. Whenever possible, both parents and guardians should visit the school and meet with the Director of Enrollment Management, Renee Chaudoin.
Candidates must complete a St. Anne's Admission Application and check the Scholarship box to declare their wish to be considered for the scholarship. Applications must be received by February 28, 2019.
- A confidential Teacher Recommendation and Request for School Records must also be submitted to the student's current teachers and school.
3. Student Visit Day
Scholarship applicants must spend a full school day at St. Anne's to attend classes, meet students and teachers, and take admissions assessments. Our Assistant Head of School, Jill Reilly, interviews all rising 5th-8th grade students.
4. Admissions Exam
These Saturdays are planned for the ERB online Admissions Exam for all applicants entering grades 5-8: December 15, 2018, January 12 and February 9, 2019 (time to be announced). This step is required for all scholarship applicants.
5. Additional Tuition Assistance
Candidates for the scholarships are also eligible for need-based Tuition Assistance from St. Anne’s. The school is committed to providing financial support to families who cannot meet the entire tuition obligation. All candidates may apply separately to our Tuition Assistance program which requires a FAST online application each year. We encourage you to review this process prior to May if your student will require aid to enroll.
Contacts and Questions
St. Anne's Episcopal School
211 Silver Lake Road
Middletown, DE 19709
(302) 378-3179 phone
(302) 449-0957 fax
Renee Chaudoin, x 311
Decision and Notification
Scholarship applications will be reviewed based on all the information received about each applicant. St. Anne's selection committee is comprised of faculty and administrators.
Recipients will be notified confidentially by the selection date on April 28, 2019. Those who are selected will have until May 12, 2019 to make a decision to attend St. Anne's.
St. Anne's has chosen to keep the names of the selected recipients confidential due to the young age of the applicants, and the small size of the school.
Merit Scholarships for new Middle School students
U.S. Service Scholarship for new Middle School students with immediate family in the U.S. military.