From its founding, St. Anne’s has recognized the educational opportunities found in nature. The School's mission, curriculum, and campus reflect the importance St. Anne’s places on students' contact with the outdoors.
Our Nature-Based Preschool Program immerses young children in nature and provides opportunities for development of skills and knowledge beyond the four walls of the classroom. The goal is to link the joy one experiences in God’s creation with the imperative of its stewardship.
Learning sound environmental practices beginning in preschool, students develop habits of thinking and living that will sustain them in their environment.
- Encourage regular and responsible use of campus by teachers and students - “No Child Left Indoors.”
- Demonstrate environmental stewardship strategies.
- Provide information and resources pertaining to environmental best practices in an elementary and middle school community.
- Strive to integrate new environmental and stewardship initiatives into curriculum.
- Engage students in responsible care of the facility through active recycling and composting, relevant stewardship projects, and a daily Middle School jobs program.
New this year!
The addition of 18 new outdoor classrooms
Our outdoor program was featured in the news!
(See clip below)