September 14, 2018
This Week's Updates and Reminders
Please review the following information that will directly impact the Middle School Overnight Field Trips.
It’s a busy time of year for all. Please review the following information that will directly impact the Middle School Overnight Field Trips. The Delaware Administrative Code was changed in 2013 and there are now laws in place regarding the “Assistance with Self Administration of Medications at Approved School Activities:”
“Non-prescription medications shall be provided to the school nurse by the parent in an original container along with a current, written directive from the student’s licensed health care provider and shall include the student’s name; the licensed health care provider’s name; the name of the medication; the dosage; and how and when it is to be administered.”
In summary, any non-prescription medications including allergy, vitamins and headache relief medications now require a written directive from your licensed health care provider during field trips only.
There have been no changes to the administration of prescription medications at this time. Please remember to fill out the Field Trip permission slip in its entirety. Any EpiPens and inhalers should be sent to school ASAP and will be sent on the field trip.
Please call if there are any questions.
Beverlee Ashkenase RN
Andrea Croce RN
378.3179 x340 or firstname.lastname@example.org
St. Anne's Parent Facebook Group
Join Today! In addition to our public Facebook Page, St. Anne's also hosts a private Facebook Group for our parents.
You must have a Facebook account to join. Search for "St. Anne's Episcopal School Families" in Facebook, scroll down to "Groups," and ask to join.
This is a great way to ask questions and connect with other parents. From time to time school photos and reminders are posted as well.
- News and Announcements
- Parents should enter the car line in the main parking lot, give your child(ren)’s name to the teacher on duty, proceed to pull up to the main circle and wait for your child to get into the car. Staff members will be present to assist with car loading. Please do not get out of the vehicle or leave your vehicle unattended in the circle at any time. We ask that all vehicles please stay in a single file lane on the right side of the circle. If parents need to buckle-up their child, please pull into the fire lane after all buses and vans have dismissed or along the grass on the right side of the circle.
- Please display your large yellow car tag in 3:15 car line for pick up. Contact Danielle Cummins (email@example.com) if you need additional car tags.
- Remember that any changes to your normal pick up routine must be communicated to "Change In Transportation" (firstname.lastname@example.org) along with your child's full name and your child's homeroom teacher. If your child unexpectedly needs after school care, please also copy our after school program (email@example.com).
- Parents who plan on their child attending EC as a “drop in” should notify the Director at ECDirector@stannesde.org and the homeroom teacher.
We are pleased to introduce the After School Program staff for this year. This is a critical service available for parents and caregivers who are unable to pick up their children between 3:15 and 6:00 PM.
On Tuesday, September 11th we tested our emergency communications system. All families should have received an email, text, and phone call announcing that middle school trips would be rescheduled.
It is important that we have your correct contact information in Rediker. If you did not receive this communication please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify in your email which communications you received.
Check upcoming events in May and June!
Looking Ahead - Mark Your Calendars!
Please mark your calendars for the following upcoming events:
- 7/04/19 July 4th Dinner and Fireworks 6:30 pm
- 8/14/19 Get Ready for School Fair & Social
- News and Announcements